Saturday, July 31, 2010

Public Support? Haha~




What??? Why am I wearing a messy bun and holding a restaurant cup?? xD

Answers are... not unusual, and not the norm, considering today's circumstance ^-^~

1. I refuse to do my hair better to take a picture with a freaking soda cup.

2. "L.O.V.E. LOVELY NAKITTY!" XDDDD

This morning I watched a boat-load of Cutie Circuit videos. I skimmed the entire 2010 performance. Within the concert, I learned that °C-ute started a trend where their T-shirt color matched a certain member, so then fans could wear different colors to represent their favorite members. Cute for °C-ute, nee?

Well, Noodls & Co has been giving away rainbow colored cups. I think that they're the same colors, except for Suzuki Airi's pink. Since Nakajima Saki-san's T-shirt is blue, I decided that my cup was a Nakitty cup. Get it? XDD
So tonight I somehow thought this all out.. Makes some sort of sense, right? --
No????...okay ^-^"

Haha.

Here is the picture of the members~



This is better quality, and the same colors:

1 comment:

  1. Hi, there. I just wanted to thank you for your question on my snack blog. I answered it there, but I'll also post the answer here in case you don't get back to those comments:

    In regards to your question about why Japan embraces all things cute, Lizzy, it's something which many people have theorized on. I don't think there is any one answer, but I can give you my personal opinion. I believe that it has to do with the fact that the Japanese are less self-conscious about displays of immaturity than Westerners and they mature more slowly in some ways. Westerners are in a hurry to grow up, be independent, and adopt the superficial trappings of adulthood. On the other hand, Westerners are slow to adopt the actual responsibilities of adulthood.

    Japanese people are faster to adopt the actual responsibilities of adulthood, but slower to abandon the trappings of childhood. They're okay with embracing "cute" because they don't mind being seen as superficially childish when they are generally shouldering large burdens in real life.

    Perhaps each culture is achieving some sort of balance between their child-like aspects and maturity. The Japanese just have the situation reversed relative to Westerners. This probably relates to the fact that many Westerners, and Americans in particular, do not have a core identity proscribed by their cultures since they have mixed cultural influences. In essence, Americans derive their identity for those superficial aspects which they embrace. Showing your affinity for "cute" things betrays a childish identity. Japanese folks derive their identity from deeper, relatively homogeneous cultural roots. They do have to worry as much about being defined by their superficial interests. They can be responsible adults, but still carry the trappings of childhood.

    That's merely my opinion though. I can't assert it is factual. Wikipedia has some entries on this topic which may further be of interest to you. It's here:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuteness_in_Japanese_culture

    ReplyDelete